HeatBLOC-Ultra is the newest radiant barrier coating. It has the lowest (best) emissivity rating of any liquid product on the market today. HeatBLOC-Ultra has almost no odor and very low VOCs so it is environmentally friendly.
- Low emissivity, high reflectivity
- Permeable, does not trap moisture
- Does not block cellular or antennae signals as can occur with foil products
- Excellent investment, normally saves 10 - 15% of AC costs, improves comfort levels
- Improves efficiency of existing insulation
- Only economical way to retrofit radiant barrier to existing structures
- Increase the value of your home
HeatBloc radiant heat barrier works by changing the emissivity of the surface where it is applied. Building products such as wood, brick, and plasterboard have high emissivities (0.7-0.95). When heated, they radiate most of their heat to cooler surfaces by allowing the heat to penetrate the roof into the attic and from the attic into the house. HeatBloc lowers their surface emissivity to under 0.23, lessening their ability to radiate heat and therefore letting less heat penetrate the roof into the attic.
HeatBloc does not lose its effectiveness over time like some products. Foils can tear and require the staples to penetrate the barrier. Foil chips can accumulate dust, which diminishes their effectiveness. HeatBloc will last as long as the surface area it is applied to is not damaged or disturbed and nothing is coming in contact with the product. HeatBloc allows water vapor to permeate, and does not trap water vapor within roof decks or sidewalls.